What: We’re walking the 5km event at Tauranga’s City 2 Surf!
When: Sunday September 25th 11am
Why: An opportunity for Hagar supporters (and friends) to raise awareness of human trafficking and funds for the anti-trafficking work of Hagar. Walkers are asked to set up a sponsorship page with Everyday Hero and raise funds (details below)
How: By walking the 5km event of the City 2 Surf dressed in black and “handcuffed” together with flexicuffs.
Who: You! And any friends or family who might want to walk with you.
- Event info can be found here.
- Participants need to pay their own entry fee to the event ($25) and make own transport arrangements
- Hagar will provide black Hagar t-shirts for walkers who have set up Everyday Hero sponsorship pages (please email your name and t-shirt size to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To set up your sponsorship page:
- Click on the link (or go to https://give.everydayhero.com/nz/get-started)
- For charity, type in Hagar New Zealand
- Then click the box “I want to do my own thing”, follow the guidelines and away you go! Email it to all your friends/contacts and share on Facebook.
- DON’T FORGET TO CLICK “JOIN TEAM” and join team Handcuffed for Hagar Tauranga.
- Participants will be cuffed together using plastic flexicuffs. Although firm, these have a self release mechanism and can be quickly removed in case of emergency.
- Event and meeting details will be emailed to participants
Any questions, please email email@example.com!