We’re starting the year with a bang! Teams around the country are taking part in local fun runs “Handcuffed for Hagar” to raise awareness of human trafficking and funds for the work of Hagar. We’d love for you to join us!
- Participants to wear black – a black Hagar t-shirt provided free to all who raise sponsorship.
- Cuffs provided – they are plastic, quick release ties that can be easily removed if necessary. Some teams cuff together in groups of 2 or 3, others cuff their hands in front of them, and others (depending on the safety requirements of the course) simply cuff to start, remove for the walk, and put the cuffs on again to finish.
- Participants to set up a fundraising page on Everyday Hero.
Simply click here to set up your own fundraising page using Everyday Hero, and follow these 3 simple steps to get you started:
- Click on the link (or go to https://give.everydayhero.com/nz/get-started)
- For charity, type in Hagar New Zealand
- Then click the box “I want to do my own thing” (unless you are doing one of the events pre-listed!), follow the guidelines and away you go!
CLICK ON THESE PLACE NAMES TO FIND OUT WHAT’S HAPPENING IN YOUR AREA:
Hamilton – Huntly Half Marathon and fun run, Sunday March 19th